" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hola Familia y Amigos

Hola familia y amigos,

Christmas here is alot like in the US, except alot warmer. Lots of comercialization and all that jazz, meeting up with family, and remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. It is wonderful to be a missionary this time of year because of the opportunities that we have to talk about Jesus Christ in such a natural way. I too am enjoying this time of year that helps us to remember of all that Christ did for us to help us return back to our Father in Heaven together as families. 

We are teaching lots of different people, so I won´t go into detail about all of them. Monday, I was working with Elder B. We talked to a 25ish year old man outside of his house. He had gotten baptized years ago in another city but was not currently attending church regularly. He has three kids and lives with his "wife". He invited us to return yesterday, which we did. We taught about the restoration of the gospel and invited the wife to get baptized if she found out that the Book of Mormon is true. She was a little hesitant when we extended the invitation for a specific date. The husband chimed in though. I´ll let dad translate for you what he said. "¡Bautízate, pecadora!" (According to google translate:  "Be baptized, sinner!" ) It was quite funny, and she agreed to prepare for that date. I love this opportunity to help another family come unto Christ. 

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Con amor,
Elder Bahr




No comments:

Post a Comment