" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Learning and Teaching




The attached pictures of our zone´s trip to a local light-house today. The view from the top was amazing, but the hike there and back was quite interesting. There was no trail. We walked for who-knows-how-long through grass that was taller that our heads to get there. (Let´s not forget that the grass wasn´t exactly soft and my companion forgot to mention that I probably shouldn´t wear gym-shorts until after we started). All in all, it was a fun experience that I don´t plan on having again.

It´s been really nice to have Elder C. in my district. He was my district-leader in the CCM (training center in Mexico) and we lived in the same apartment. It´s been nice to talk to someone about the mission and know that I´m not the only new missionary that´s trying to adjust. 

This past Saturday, Elder C. and his companion had a baptism (the only one for our zone this month). It was held at our chapel, and Elder M. and I had the oppurtunity to attend. It made we want to work hard so that I might be able to have that same experience. 

It turns out, that earlier that day, Elder C. was feeling really sick, and that his companion was close to canceling the baptism. Through what I am sure was the help of the Lord, Elder C. found the strength to attend, and he even preformed the baptism. Afterwards, he felt sick again, and because our apartment has better conditions than theres, I did splits (a term to say that we switched companions for a night) for the evening. It made me grateful for the things that I had, and I learned that however hard my mission is, there is someone else out there who has it worse (like needing to use a bucket to shower). (Elder C. is feeling much better, and it was fun to talk with him during our little adventure today).



My apartment is really nice compared to alot of places here. It always has running water, and it ventilates very well. There is plenty of room and we have everything we need to make the typical missionary foods. (Oatmeal, toast, eggs, french toast, etc.) 

I´m really looking forward to General Conference next week. I feel like it will be an oppurtunity to do something different and be filled with the Spirit that only comes from the word of God. I know that we have prophets who live on this earth today, and that their counsel will help us be happy more that anything else in the entire world. (Oh, and it´s a weekend that I get to listen to people talk in English).

I´m really grateful for my companion. He is really patient with me, and I am sure that I do things that just drive him up the wall. He´s a really great teacher, and I´m learning alot on how to teach more like the Savior. He´s also really trying to make me speak, which is helping me in so many ways.

We are currently teaching several people.  One of whom is JC.  He is the 20 year old son of a family that was baptized just a few weeks before I got here. He has a true desire to learn about which church is true, and he told us in our last lesson that he would pray about it. He then thanked us for our kindness. I didn´t understand everything, but I understood that he genuinely was grateful for our willingness to sincerely help him. I felt the Spirit very strongly during that lesson. 

Love,
Elder Bahr


No comments:

Post a Comment