" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Monday, November 10, 2014

The Spanish is Coming Along

¿Comó están ustedes? Espero que la familia esté bien y disfrutando el frió :) Lo extraño un poco :) 

I´m really happy with how my Spanish is moving along. It´s most definitely not perfect, but I can converse fluently with all of the Latino missionaries, and I even participated in one of our recent convert family´s readings from the Book of Revelation this week (I´d had a hard enough time understanding that in English :) It made me feel really good when Elder V. (he´s from Chile and he was the trainer from someone from my group last change) told me that he was really impressed with my Spanish. I went on splits with him Saturday for an hour while our companions had their leadership meeting.

I´m really grateful for the time that I am getting to spend with Elder P., my companion and trainer.   He is not perfect, but he is one of the most loving and sincere people that I have ever met. He is a wonderful example to me of charity, and I will be trying as hard as I can for these last three weeks to learn as much as I can from him. He has taught me to not judge myself harder than the Lord is judging me, and that I should have charity to ALL men. I remembered a story I read in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People that talked about how focusing on the strengths of a person helps them to grow. Last night, as I prayed, I listed off what I thought were some of my "strengths". I felt the Spirit tell me that the Lord was proud of the efforts that I was giving. I could see how much I have already allowed him to change me while I have been here on the mission.

¡Les quiero! Yo sé que nuestra Iglesia es la iglesia de Jesucristo que ha sido restaurado otra vez en la tierra. Yo sé que mediante la Expiación de Jesucristo, podemos llegar a ser perfecto, si estamos mejorando paso por paso cada día. Yo sé que esta obra es la obra del Señor, y que voy a ser bendecido si yo doy mí corazón al Señor. No soy perfecto, pero estoy mejorando. 

Con todo mí amor,
Elder Bahr 

No comments:

Post a Comment