" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Monday, November 17, 2014

Needing Some More Practice




This week was really hard for me. I need to stop telling people at home that my Spanish is getting really good, because the moment I tell people that, it starts to stink again :) Short story is, I´ve seen how much I need the Lord´s help this week, and I am beginning to see just how true the scripture in Alma 26:12 is. "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Even though this week was really difficult, I am so grateful for the things that it has taught me. Even though I am sure I will need to be reminded of this several more times before the end of my mission, I am beginning to see just how little I can do on my own, and just how much I can do when I let the Lord work through me. Fortunately, I learned that lesson before my talk on Sunday in sacrament meeting, and through the help of the Lord, I was able to share the message I wanted to share clearly and with what I assume was fairly good Spanish (I didn´t see anyone doing the I-have-no-idea-what-he-is-saying look up at me :)

My mom said I need to send some more pics.  The one above is of my "zone" or the other missionaries who work with me nearby.  Below is one of my new favorite foods:  red bananas.

Love,
Elder Bahr



No comments:

Post a Comment