" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Monday, January 26, 2015

Know 2 Words Now

Hey everybody!

Life here in Imbabura is going well. I`ve readjusted to the altitude and am enjoying being able to serve and teach the people here. It`s almost like being in a different world than Esmeraldas. The people are much more conservative and very peaceful. When we go home at 9 every night, there is usually nobody in the street. Learning their native new language is going well. I can now say I know what 2 words mean! (Thank you, and brother). I really enjoy being here and have learned alot. (But, I do miss all of the delicious sea-food that was in the coast.)

While I`ve been here, my testimony of Jesus Christ has grown substantially. My mission president challenged each of us to memorize "The Living Christ" in Spanish. As I have been doing so, I have felt a greater love for all that He has done for me. I know that He lives and that He loves each one of us. Through Him, we can be redeemed from all of our sins and weaknesses if we will just accept His invitation to follow His perfect example. Through Him, we can find new beginnings and hold fast to the hope of a better world to come. Here on the mission, I`ve grown to see my own weaknesses, yet I know that as I do as He asks of me, He can make of me something greater than I ever could imagine.

I hope that you guys are all doing well, and I thank you for your prayers and support while I am here doing the Lord`s work! Have a great week everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment