" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Thursday, August 28, 2014

About a Month

It´s great to hear how everyone is doing and I´m glad to hear everything is going normally.  I still haven´t gotten any "regular" mail yet. I think MyDearElder or email would be the best way for everyone to contact me if they wish. 

My companion is such a great guy. He´s a great example of charity and humility, probably the two Christlike attributes that I need to work on the most. Especially this week, I´ve learned alot about how being united as a companionship is such an important part of teaching with the Spirit. We had a couple of lessons where our unity wasn´t very strong, and the lessons went poorly and it was difficult to feel the Spirit. When we (mostly me) focused on teaching in a united way; however, the Spirit has always been present and we have been able to give our best lessons. 

It´s been cool to have Elder Page (a friend from home) here. I´ll see him occasionally during meals or devotionals, and we´ll talk for a few minutes. It seems like he´s enjoying himself, and even though he wouldn´t admit it, his companion says he´s doing really well on his Spanish. 

There´s been a cold virus that´s been going around this week. I caught it starting Sunday, and Monday it got bad enough that I had to leave our night class a couple of hours early, but it´s been getting better since. 

Other than that though, I´m doing great. It´s crazy to think that I´ve been our for almost a month. I´m really enjoying Tuesdays and Sundays because, instead of class, we get to go to devotionals. The best are the recordings of the ones given by the apostles. I love the Spirit that they can bring into our hearts. Last night we watched the Bible Video entitled For God So Loved the World. Watching that, a  feeling of gratitude washed over me. I know that He lives and that He loves us with all of His heart. He cares for us as individuals, and He suffered for us as individuals. And I know that as we come unto Him, we will be perfected through Him. 

I love you all, and I hope all continues to go well at home!

Con amor,
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment