" And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again."
Alma 5:49

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fun & Learning

This week has been really fun. On Friday night, the power turned out as we were getting ready for bed. My companion, who was showering at the time, thought we had just flipped the breaker in our room, and wasn´t very happy. We had a little district party in our room until the power came back on. The funniest part was when Elder C thought he heard something outside, so he went to go check it, and Elder V snuck up behind him and scared him. Elder C chased him back to the room and threw his water bottle at him. We were all laughing so hard. 

On Sunday, we heard an old devotional from President Scott about prayer. He talked about how we can have a personal interview with our Father in Heaven any time we want, and we should treat it as such. I´ve really been focusing on making my prayers more personal, and I can definitely see the benefits in my life. I feel the Spirit more, and I am able to see the things that I need to work on. 

I leave the CCM really early Tuesday morning, and then it´s off to the real work.  It's a little scary, but I´m really excited for it at the same time. 

I love you and miss you, and I hope all is going well,
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment